Monday, September 24, 2012

Update

Get ready for some picture vomit because I haven't blogged in months!! I keep postponing it because I have too many things I want to say. Well, this post is just about Atrion, and a little update.

I've tried to get Atrion to draw a bit more without my help. He always wants me to hold his hand while he draws so that it will come out exactly like he wants it to. A little bit of perfectionism that he gets from his momma. When he does draw all by himself I think he's brilliant! Check out this sun!
Atrion also likes to emulate the men in his life. You can't see it, but he has a mustache drawn on his face and he's wearing Bompa's hat. Spittin' image if you ask me.
I just love Miss Kitty. I haven't ever had a pet that takes care of itself, but then is around when you want to pet it. She loves to be petted and will sometimes even snuggle on my lap. It's heavenly.

Sometimes Spider-man comes to visit.

This kid just cracks me up. I love how bright and happy he is all the time.
He thinks its so funny to do his hair like this after bath time.
Prunies! or Wrinkles! I call them prunies, but Cody calls them plain old wrinkles. Atrion is always happy when he has prunies after a bath.


Hanging out in a tent.
I call this look "Spider Pedro Man" Just out of shot is a coconut bra too.
We obviously had too much fun in the costume bucket. These glasses are so funny, and adorable, of course.
Kairi and Atrion having a "bath".
BAHA!
Atrion and Easton helped me pick all these lovely veggies.
Sleep pictures crack me up. He is so out of it.

This is a block representation of his Dad. To the left is his own block man, and he started on my head to the right. Didn't get very far though because he used all the blocks on Dads lean figure.
Sometimes he pretends to be a blue bird and has to build himself a nest. I'm trying to figure out where he learned this. It must have been from Easton or Reese. Adorable!
We have been doing very well lately. Cody is in school and his classes are only on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the mornings. He works about two days a week, so we still have a lot of family time.

Cody got me a FitBit for my birthday (an early present about a month ago). It's awesome! I am so much more aware of how much I move during the day. Apparently, each living person is supposed to walk 10,000 steps a day in order to be considered "active". I thought that with the housework and running after Atrion I was keeping pretty active. After monitoring my activity levels for a day, it turns out I only take about 2-3,000 steps on a normal day. After realizing that, I have made more efforts to move about and go for walks in the evening. This last week, I bumped up my average steps to about 6,000. Some days I even got above 10,000, which I give myself a pat on the back for. Now, I just need to get my snacking under control. The site for the fit bit has a calorie tracker that I need to take advantage of.

I am going in for my first counseling session on Tuesday. I hope it ends up helping a lot, because I am tired of the anxiety.

1 comment:

*LaUrA* said...

Gosh I Love him!! He is just a boy that gets right into the hearts of those around him. He definitely has a place in mine.

I hope your counseling goes well too. I hope it goes better than well and is amazing!