Thursday, January 10, 2013

Breaking Radio Silence

I feel like it's time to post. I don't have much to say other than the usual updates, but I feel like a slug for not keeping up my blog with this pregnancy.
We have our ultrasound on the 28th of this month, which I cannot wait for. I am so excited. I feel like this baby is a girl. I don't have a preference either way...a girl would be different in a lot of exciting ways like clothes and toys and fun girly things and she would have a big brother, but a boy would be familiar and fun and a little brother to Atrion who can run around with him and get dirty and wrestle. Not that a girl of mine would have any problem doing those things either. My motherly instincts say this is a girl. Maybe it's the dainty little kicks and flips and flutters...but either way I am trying to prepare myself for an "It's a boy" moment so that I am not shell shocked and feeling stupid.

Aside from pregnancy news, I am super excited about Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because I was sick during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and couldn't get into it too much. I have always loved Valentine's Day since the first time I got to decorate a shoe box with pink tissue paper and red hearts.
One of my most favorite Valentine memories is when I was dating Cody. I lived by myself in an apartment and had to work for most of the day. But Cody picked me up with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and we drove to Sierra's Craft store where Cody secretly picked out a few supplies. I had planned to make steak and baked potatoes, and got those going once we got back to my apartment. While it was cooking (baked potatoes take FOREVER), Cody brought out the supplies he got which were two small canvases the size of a piece of paper and some paints and brushes. Then we just painted. I am not very good at it, but Cody is naturally artistic. We made two pretty cool paintings by the end though. If I can find them, I will post a picture of them. They are in a box somewhere. He also found a song by Loreena McKennitt and put it on for me. It took me a few seconds but I realized it was of my favorite poem "The Lady of Shalot". We danced to our song "Far Away" by Nickelback. We finally ate our food which was pretty good. And then we talked for awhile. I think I had to work the next day so we just made out hung out for a bit before saying goodnight.
I love that day because it embodies everything I want and love in a date and a relationship. We have lagged a lot in the date area...it just gets hard and it's so easy to just say "Eh. Next week." We are guilty of the dinner and a movie date now. Every once in awhile we try and plan something different and it's always great, but most of the time we just stay home.
I don't have a picture of that Valentine's date but I do have one from the year before. We went to the mall and Cody bought me my first pair of Converse shoes... I think. While we were there we got our picture in the photo booth. I think we shared a cinnamon roll too. We try to avoid the heavy traffic Valentine's day spots like fancy restaurants or the movies.




To gear up for this Valentine's Day, Atrion and I made a garland out of cute paper hearts and strung it up over our basement window. I want to do more fun things but I just don't know what to do....except make more heart garlands.

Well that's about it for now. Over and out.

No comments: