Sunday, May 26, 2013

It's a Blog Post!

Today I woke up feeling a bit like I needed to get out and about and do something that didn't entail buying groceries or running errands. I have been so focused on this baby and all my nesting instincts overwhelmed me for the last few weeks that now there is nothing left to do but wait. And if you know me but at all then you know waiting isn't my strong suit. So instead of folding laundry and sanitizing bottles to keep my mind occupied, it has nothing to do but think about painful labor scenarios that involve making it halfway to the hospital and then having to deliver on the interstate. Then there's the exact opposite scenario where I am in labor for 48 hours and they ran out of epidurals. So yeah, I need a mini vacation. To relax. I asked Cody if he wanted to go stay the night at a hotel and stalk the food trucks that are here filming "The Great Food Truck Race", and he said no. His idea of relaxing is usually different from my relaxing. His involves staying home and enjoying all those comforts (and not spending money), whereas my idea of relaxing involves going to a hotel with a swimming pool where being the size of a whale feels more natural (and, of course, spending money. Lots of money. Okay ALL THE MONEY). But since he is a sweetheart and understands that I am home all day long most days and that getting out is important, he let me go by myself while he watches Atrion.
This is a picture of one of the trucks in the competition parked at the Old Town Farmer's Market.Neat huh?

I got a screaming deal on a room at the Red Lion using Priceline, and then they upgraded me to a suite that opens up directly to the pool....In a word...Perfect! It's like they knew that waddling down the hall to the pool was probably just too much for me. The only downside was that the room was way too hot. So it is still cooling down, but getting closer to my ideal temperature (-4* F).

That door behind that chaise opens up to the pool.....nice, eh. I didn't take these pictures by the way. I stole them from the hotel website. And I am mostly posting them for Laura's benefit. :)

In other news, Cody and I graduated (yay) with Bachelor's degrees. He is working full time at the RTC in Blackfoot now, and I am staying at home with my boy...soon to be boys. In a few months we will have saved enough to get our own place again I think. I am glad we live with Cody's parents now, because not only are they great but also they are excited for another baby so I will have lots of much needed help. There are just certain dynamics to our sleeping situation that I haven't worked out yet, but it will all fall in to place I hope. If not....well we just won't sleep now will we?
I don't think I say it enough, but I LOVE being a stay at home mom. Possibly because I have the greatest child in the universe. He is just so sweet and amazing. I would give up everything in order to be able to stay home with him. I am looking into preschools for the fall and spring, and it hurts my heart, but I know he would enjoy it so much. 
 This is a picture of him wearing his "Silver Knight Gothic" get up....which if you haven't seen Dragon Hunters then you have no idea what I'm talking about.
 A semi belly shot. I can't quite get the angle for a whole shot. Don't mind the ripped trampoline in the background....it still works!
 Atrion running through the rainbow sprinkler. It was so hot that day, but by the time we got the thing blown up and spewing water, the sun had gone down and it was cold. He was brave though.
Me and my boy. He is just so precious and tender-hearted. He has been pretty bummed that he can't sit as comfortably on my lap as he used to...but that's a good lesson for learning to share right? Today he crawled up onto Cody's lap and while he was nestling in he said "Oh yes, this is a good place." Just melts my heart.

Well here's to a fantastic Memorial Day. I am going to go float about. :)

No comments: