Monday, February 23, 2015

Sweet Boys

First off, my child is obviously a child prodigy, This is real art. REAL! I love him to pieces. I need to get pictures of all of his other drawings and the book he's been writing and illustrating. He's just so sweet. His teacher said that he writes some of the best draft book entries. He takes after his daddy. When we have quiet time I try to get him to either draw or write a story since it's easy for me and I don't have anything to clean up or set up. He's been using the artforkidshub.com site and he just loves it. I bought some oil pastel crayons so he can color just like the guys in the video do. If you haven't already, you should check it out. 

 Caius wants to do everything Atrion does. It's so sweet. Sometimes he gets hurt though. Like when Atrion does a triple front flip over the back of the couch (against the rules, I might add) and Caius tries to follow. Not only does he get hurt but it shaves at least 10 minutes off of my life due to the mini heart attack I get.
It's a rare moment these days when Caius falls asleep on me. Mostly because we had to break that habit in order for him to start sleeping through the night. But I sure do miss these precious moments. He is still nursing a couple times a day. Once when he wakes up, once for a nap, and once before bed. If he's sick or super grumpy we throw an extra one in there, for my sanity and his comfort. 
These are really awkward pictures because the papers are bent weird so the pictures are askew...but my drawing is also crooked, so it looks extra crooked. I tried to draw Olivia Munn from this picture of her in my Redbook magazine. It doesn't look anything like her, but I am actually really proud of this drawing. I'm improving, and that makes me happy. Lots more to go, but it's so relaxing for me to focus on something like this. 



 Atrion got a Book-it pizza again so off to Pizza Hut we went. I really love eating out, and I really love junk food like pizza...so it's actually a treat for me. But the boys had fun coloring their Care Bear pictures and crawling back and forth under the table. There was a couple of old ladies across the restaurant who thought they were the sweetest little boys. I just love old ladies.

 I totally forgot about the Blackfoot Community Center! They have free play on the week days for a few hours and it's $3.00 per kid. Atrion and Caius had a blast! They have a jungle gym, an inflatable tumble track, lots of huge foam blocks, balls, balance beams, hula hoops, and other gymnastic/ athletic type toys. One of these days, Caius and I are going to hit the Children's Musuem but it's only open Thursday mornings. I am also wanting to take the boys swimming more. I want this to be a really active, fun summer. I am the new Child and Volunteer Protection Advocate for AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization), which makes me a board member...it sounds so official and awesome. I don't quite know what I'm doing yet but I'm happy to volunteer. Atrion is going to be playing soccer and I'm excited for him to try this new sport. I'm just looking forward to warm weather and long summer days.
I went to DI the other day and saw this gem. It's an electric organ just like my Granny has/had. I am not sure if she still has it but I remember having so much fun pressing all the buttons and switches and pedals. It was a blast from the past to see this sitting there. I pressed a few switches for old time's sake. 
 This kid cracks me up. He is pretending to be Harry Potter with that ratty wig and plastic spoon. I mean, C'mon! It doesn't get any more adorable than that.
 And that brings us around to today. I woke up at 6:25 to get Atrion up and out to the bus by 6:55. Then Caius and I hung out until 8:30 when I had to start getting ready for Visiting Teaching. My partner is Tara Lee and she is so much fun! I love her to death. The ladies we visit are so kind and amazing. I met a new lady that we just got assigned to named Courtney and she lives just down the street. It was a lovely way to start the morning.
I was able to come home in time for Caius to squeeze in a nap before we had to go to Atrion's school for a recognition assembly. They do something called the Moreland Superstars where every 3 months 7 kids from each class are picked to get recognized for what makes them special. It was Atrion's turn and it was so fun to see him with his class.
 Atrion walking in and spotting me and Caius sitting in the front row. He walks with is hands in his pockets and that just kills me. I love it.
 I thought it was funny that his shirt was the same hue as the two girls by him. He didn't care though. It's not pink, it's SALMON! He got a medal, a pencil with a cool star eraser, a certificate, a coupon for a McDonalds french fry, and an 8 piece crazy bread. I could really go for 8 breadsticks right now, actually. Mmm...
 Caius tried so hard to run up to the stage when he saw Atrion and he was devastated when I wouldn't let him. I had to take him out in the hall until it was over. I'm glad I got to see Atrion before the big breakdown. Caius is at that stage where I can't really take him anywhere, haha.
 Atrion's teachers, Mrs. Hill and Mrs. Jacobsen, are so nice and really have helped Atrion so much. He is a fast learner and is in the top of his class. They said he is often done with his work so early that they have to find other things to challenge him. The certificate below is what they said about him for the assembly. We got cookies after it was over. He said he felt really special and that was so awesome to hear. I am just so proud of him. My sweet boy.


3 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

Could he be any more adorable!!?!? I think.not! You are an amazing drawer and so is Atrion! I loved reading about your day!

Unknown said...

It was grandma hansen that had the organ, I believe.

julie said...

We love that site too! Only I need it as much as my boys do. you're the real deal!