Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Balentime's Week


Well, Valentine's day came and went. And good riddance! Haha, just kidding. It wasn't bad at all. This last week was a bit stressful, though. We had croup run it's course through our kids. Caius did just fine, but Atrion's body didn't handle it too well and we had to go to Urgent Care. It was the third day he was home from school and instead of getting better, he started getting a high fever and being very lethargic. He couldn't stop coughing once he got started and it would scare him. His ribs hurt and his throat hurt. His doctor's office wouldn't answer their phone or return my call....which I am mad about, I just realized. Shelby was able to look after Caius for a bit, but she had a meeting later in the evening. They tested Atrion for the flu, RSV, strep- all negative. They said they would do a nebulizer treatment that would take about 5 minutes, so I said I would go pick up Caius. When I got back to the clinic and walked into the room where Cody and Atrion still were, I was shocked. The nurse was giving him a shot in the leg (steroids), and he had an oxygen tank and needed to get a chest xray. I was like "What happened? I was only gone 5 minutes?!" They said his oxygen was too low and he probably needed to go to the ER and stay overnight for observation. They told us that kids can seem fine one minute, but then get really bad the next and that they didn't want that to happen (obviously). The steroid really helped him though, because when we got to the hospital they watched him for about an hour and then sent us home with a couple prescriptions. According to Atrion, they taste nasty. Poor kid. 

Valentine's Day was really mellow and relaxed. Just my kind of holiday. Cody and I gave the boys each a small gift and we had a lot of family time. Cody gave me a Misfit and I gave him a couple of card games that are really fun. The next day we went and bought some half price chocolates....and then ate it all. 


Sometimes I get really excited about doing my make up and other days I just don't even bother. The picture on the left is me au naturel. Basically, me most days when I am just home with kids. The one on the right is about as glammed up as I get. I love the Younique 3D lashes! They make my stubby eyelashes look so thick and full and luscious. And that's just one application. I haven't been brave enough to pile it on to see how far it can go. Also, one eye is totally bigger than the other...



This is Hobbes. When we lived in Memphis, Atrion and I went to Build-A-Bear and he made Hobbes. Hobbes has a whole outfit, including underwear and sunglasses, but Atrion likes him "soft" so he never has his clothes on. Atrion sleeps with him every night and can't get settled until he is snuggled up with him. Well, for Valentine's Day, Atrion wanted to give Caius a present and he gave him Hobbes. I was shocked. He said "Mom, I don't think I need him to sleep anymore" when I questioned him. So I let it be. I overheard him telling Caius "This is Hobbes. He's a real cool guy." and it just made my heart melt so much. I was actually quite happy when bedtime rolled around and Atrion decided he wasn't quite ready to give up Hobbes, because I am not quite ready for him to give up Hobbes either. Since Caius was pretty indifferent to Hobbes everyone ended up happy.

No comments: