Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Opportunity Costs

At this moment, I am watching and listening through Skype as my husband tries to sell our personal belongings to anyone willing to pay a buck or two. It's an experience that I just have to sort of laugh about to get through, because otherwise I will end up dwelling on the unimportant things...like my collection of spray paints or my cute jewelry organizer I got at Maurice's, or my way cool yellow serving tray from Target. All of which have been either given away or sold. I have spent a lot of time and money building up my craft supplies, but I have not used them nearly enough to justify taking up precious space to lug them all the way to Idaho. We have our Xterra and an 8x7 trailer that Cody is going to drive here. We moved there with the biggest truck Uhaul has. It sort of feels nice to get rid of a bunch of clutter, but man, I know we are going to get settled and I am going to need something that had to get left behind.

So, I know some people might be wondering about why the sudden move. Most people who live in Memphis, are like "Yeah, that sounds about right." But some might be wondering. To be honest...we don't know all the reasons why, but we felt that this is where we need to be and where the Lord wants us to be. When I got off the plain in Salt Lake City, I could breathe. I could see mountains. The air smelled wonderful, like fresh flowers. It was 2 in the freaking morning and I was grouchy, Atrion had soaked through his diaper and we had to wait a million years for the shuttle to come get us, but I was dang happy to be there. On the drive home I took a bazillion pictures of sage brush and dessert and cloudy skies. They are the most beautiful pictures to me, but I am sure they were dreadfully boring to everyone else. To prove how much I love them I am going to repost them here:




This last one is out in Pingree at my in-laws. I was literally in awe that I could be outside and not be sweltering. To enjoy the outdoors has been so hard for me to do this last year. A few posts ago, I talked about how claustrophobic I felt in Memphis will all the trees...and I feel completely relieved from that now.
There was an amazing dust storm last night that we were stuck in the middle of driving home and I wasn't terrified like I would have been in the South. It was just so neat.

We have always wanted to settle in Twin Falls. It's been something we have tossed around for a few years but there has never been an opportunity for us to do that. Well, when I stepped out of the airport I knew I wasn't going back. So I had to get to work to find some employment leads. Turns out, that there is an apartment managing job right here in Twin (which is really rare...like one listing every 6 months rare). So we moved up our moving day by a full week in hopes that Cody will get the job. It seems very likely.
If not....there must be something out there for us. If you see us on the corner begging for food, please wave hello.

No comments: