Monday, November 10, 2014

All Growed Up

Time flies, it's true. Atrion officially became a Kindergartner this year. He is flourishing in that environment. He has learned so much so fast. The gaps that I couldn't seem to fill with my homeschooling are now complete and he has made some friends. Lots of them! I'm impressed by his friend making abilities, especially since he is so quiet when I see him interact with people. I just love him so much. He's becoming much more self-sufficient too. We have a few things to work on, like self entertaining and eating more at mealtimes so he doesn't constantly ask for snacks, and also listening. Listening is a big one. We thought he needed his ears checked, but his hearing is actually perfect...he just doesn't listen to everything a person says before formulating his respones. He also picks on Caius sometimes, but little brothers are pains so that's to be expected. My sweet boy communicates his needs so well. I hope that continues. He has a big imagination and loves to sing and reenact his favorite movies. His favorite things right now are family movie nights- complete with popcorn and hot chocolate, having a friend come over to play, suckers, anything Lord of the Rings-Star Wars-Harry Potter-Superhero, playing on the trampoline, scaring Caius, making Caius laugh, hanging out with Cricket (she's a girl who's staying with us for awhile), and playing with Grammy.

His teacher is Mrs. Hill and he goes all day! He also has a para professional named Mrs. Jacobsen who sounds like a hoot. He gets on the bus at 7:00 and eats breakfast when he gets to school. It's a long ride, but he has some friends on the bus that make it go easier. We do a carpool with four other families and since he only goes four days a week, then we each only drive once a week, with an occasional week off. He came home with his first book order and I cannot tell you how excited I am about it.

He's such a joy and I am so blessed to be his mother.


No comments: