Monday, February 9, 2015

Sick Sickies

A few days ago, Caius started to sniffle and sneeze and now today we are all sick. Atrion stayed home from school today, which makes it a four day weekend...which means I am ready for him to be well again so he can get his bum back to school. He has become Mr. Sassypants lately. I am not sure how to change that. There are times when he is so sweet, though. He is always helping me with Caius and he tells me I'm beautiful and that he loves me. He is really good about saying thank you for things that people don't always remember to say thank you for. Like he was putting his shoes on and he stopped and said "Thanks for these shoes, Mom." But they weren't new or anything, he just felt grateful and told me so.
Caius loves to follow his big brother around. He watches Atrion get on the bus every morning and is so excited when he gets home. They run around and play and wrestle (which worries me to pieces and I usually have to stop them) and he watched Atrion play video games. The only thing he doesn't follow Atrion with is movies. Caius HAS to pick the show otherwise he will scream and cry or go get into trouble elsewhere. So it gets a little heated when we want to put a show on. Atrion has been good about watching Daniel Tiger and Puss in Boots over and over and over and over and over again.
More good news is that Caius is sleeping so much better in the night and if we can get over this stupid cold/flu/whatever it is, I am sure I will be able to get a lot of rest. Some rest. Any amount of rest will do. So that's exciting.

In between applying essential oils, wiping noses, and refilling the humidifier, I have been practicing my sketching. It's a lot of fun. I found a website called easydrawingtutorials.com that gives step by step instructions for how to draw famous characters and I've been doing quite a few of those. I made Cody a Valentine card by doing the Scorpion tutorial.
Needless to say, it's pretty awesome....:)

In other news, I got a Misfit for my Valentine's present from Cody. I asked for it so it isn't offensive in the least to me. It's similar to the Fitbit but it is a lot cheaper and not as fancy but it does the job. It turns out I sit a lot. My goal is to get 6,000 steps in a day. In a regular day I probably get about 4000 in. It's easy for me to reach 6,000 when I think about it, but I just tend to be sedentary. I really want to change that. My sister and I both have one and we can sync so that we know who has more steps in a day. She usually beats me. 

Cody took the English portion of his ABCTE test two weeks ago and he did amazing! We are still waiting for the results from the essay portion, but he did excellent on the exam. We scheduled his professional teaching knowledge quiz for the 21st so he is studying for that. The questions are pretty frustrating but I know he can do it. I'm so excited that we are finally to this point and that by this time next year, he will have a teaching job! At least that's the goal. 

Trending on Facebook: Vaccines/anti-vaccines debate, Grammy Awards, Kanye West/Beck, Poltergeist remake

No comments: