Monday, June 15, 2015

Easter!

A lot happens between March and June, normally...like Easter and several birthdays, so it's dumb for me to try and play catch up with all of that, but I'm going to do my best to recap and then talk about some really exciting things for our family. I stopped blogging on here because I started as a coach for Beachbody and I started a fitness blog. It all became a bit too much, too soon so I'm stepping back from a lot of the technical aspects of coaching. I really love the products and I'm going to focus on myself, getting in shape and being altogether healthier before I try to take on more of that. I'm still a coach, I'm just not working the business as much. So, now I have a lot more time to do more of the things I love. Believe it or not, I do love blogging! I love going back and remembering what we did on a certain day. So here I go...
This is me planking. Which I had never done before March. Also, Caius doesn't love it when I work out and tends to get extra needy around that time. Sometimes he sits on my face too.
   I talked about Cody's ABCTE certification and he did so good getting that all done. He passed all his exams with flying colors! I am so proud of him. We applied at several schools and he was interviewed for 3 and was offered a job for each of them. We felt a bit overwhelmed and worried that we would make a wrong choice, but we ended up choosing the Bingham Academy Charter School in Blackfoot. He will be teaching 9th and 10th grade English. To say we are excited is an understatement! It's a STEM school, which means its Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math focused. He gets a tablet, a laptop, and a smart board to use. Each student also has their own tablet so all of his grading and correcting papers will go a lot smoother and faster since he won't have to decipher handwriting and the fact that a lot of programs will automatically grade the assignments. He can focus, instead, on the results and seeing where each student is at in their education. He starts on August 10th and will be done with the RTC on July 17th.
Cody with Caius (left) and Mila, our niece (right). Cuties, the whole bunch!
  With the new job comes a substantial pay raise, so we have been looking into moving. For those that don't know, we live with Cody's parents. They have been so gracious and let us basically take over their whole house. We occupy the basement and a bedroom upstairs for Atrion. We share the kitchen. We have our own living space and bathroom. We share a room with Caius because upstairs is too far away right now. We have a big yard and lots of space for the kids to run and play. But we do want to get out on our own. The downside is we are basically terrified. We have been paying down our debt, some months better than others. We talked to Idaho Housing about rental assistance and we don't qualify so then we looked into mortgages. We can afford quite a bit more than we originally thought but that scared us even more because we don't want to stretch too far. So we decided we are staying put a little longer and using the extra money to get completely debt free. Hopefully by next summer we will be ready to take that plunge. As long as we are still wanted around here for that long. :)

Easter was a lot of fun this year. Cody and I hid eggs for the kids. They each had their own color-coded eggs that they need to find. Caius was so cute trying to get his eggs. Atrion was more excited to help Caius than he was to find his own. He is such a sweet big brother. Shy was visiting with Kairi and Mila so we got to have a lot of fun with them too. It was my first time meeting Mila! Such a sweet heart.
The kids after they found all of their eggs. Caius is so cute I could squish him.

My handsome husband!

The Easter Bunny spoiled my kids! Caius's stuff is on the right, and Atrion's is on the left.

No comments: