Monday, June 15, 2015

The One Where Atrion Graduates Kindergarten

Remember last August when I was all weepy that Atrion was starting Kindergarten? Well I am now rejoicing that it's over! No more waking up at 6:30 to get him on the bus! No more car pool! No more homework checking! No more "Please send $10.00/box tops/ empty soda bottles/signed form with your kid to school for some reason!" Also, no more of Atrion telling me how bored he is at school and that he doesn't learn anything. He did, obviously. And his teachers were awesome. However, I have decided to homeschool him next year for many reasons. Some of which I might get into later. But first...Graduation! Some might think that an hour and a half graduation ceremony for Kindergartners might be overboard. I might be that somebody. This kid is lucky he is so amazing...the things I do for him.
This sign made me feel super old. Atrion will graduate high school 23 years after I graduated. 
He is in the very middle if you draw a straight line from where the glare on the guy's bald spot is. He was very serious during the ceremony.
They sang songs and then the teachers read what each kid said they wanted to be when they got older. Atrion wants to be an ice cream truck driver because he can eat all the ice cream he wants. That cracked me up. In the midst of future doctors, teachers, and farmers my kid is aiming high for ice cream delivery! Woohoo! Doing something right!
 
They didn't let us keep the cap and gown, but by golly I sure wanted to! I can't believe he is so big!

After we got the diploma we still had another smaller ceremony to get through in his classroom. Also, there was no refreshments.....................

Atrion is such a good reader and speller. He does an awesome job sounding out words on his own. He doesn't have that love of reading yet, but I am hoping he will get there. Maybe around 2nd or 3rd grade. He does love to be red to at night, which I appreciate. His handwriting has improved so much too! I need to post pictures of that, but I'm too lazy. 
I saw this little quiz on Facebook and decided to post it here. I asked Atrion these questions and just typed what he responded. Turns out he doesn't know a lot about me. :)

1. What is something mom always says to you? "I love you"
2. What makes mom happy? hugging and kissing
3. What makes mom sad? I don't know...
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Me!
5. What was your mom like as a child? I don't know...
6. How old is your mom? Something in the teens or something....
7. How tall is your mom? 10 quarters (hahahahaha, what?!)
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Sleep (Yup!)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Sleep! (He's pretty smart, this kid)
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Sleeping! (Now I feel lazy)
11. What is your mom really good at? Drawing
12. What is your mom not very good at? Running (SAD!)
13. What does your mom do for a job? You're a teacher! (huh...)
14.What is your mom's favorite food? Fruit! Is that right? I don't know...Wait! Junk! Junk! (Well he got it in the nick of time)
15.What makes you proud of your mom? drawing
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? A Skylanders, I forgot which one, but it's your favorite one and you would be that one. (I have no idea which this could be, I've played Skylanders once).
17. What do you and your mom do together? Go outside?
18. How are you and your mom the same? We look the same.
19. How are you and your mom different? Different hair.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? She hugs and kisses me.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? He's funny.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Walmart or Costco
23. How old was your Mom when you were born? I don't remember. haha

No comments: